Dibrova, Larysa (Faculty of Economics, National University of Life and Environmental Sciences of Ukraine)
Dibrova, Maksym (Faculty of Economics, National University of Life and Environmental Sciences of Ukraine)
Krylov, Yaroslav (Faculty of Economics, National University of Life and Environmental Sciences of Ukraine)
PERSPECTIVE DEVELOPMENT OF THE GRAIN MARKET AND ITS REGULATION MECHANISM IN UKRAINE
Economic Sciences for Agribusiness and Rural Economy, 2019, vol., nr 3, s. 67-75
grain market grain production mechanism state regulation logistics export potential
The article gives an economic assessment of the current state of the grain industry development, determines the main factors influencing the formation of demand and supply on the grain market. The lack of efficiency of the mechanism of regulation of the grain market in Ukraine is substantiated on the basis of the obtained values of “market price support” indicators per 1 t of grain and “nominal coefficient of protection of producers” used in the countries of the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD). The forecasts of gross collections of cereals and legumes, as well as their volumes of domestic consumption in Ukraine for the period up to 2025 are estimated. The state of transport and logistics infrastructure of the grain market of Ukraine is estimated. Based on the analysis carried out, strategic guidelines for the development of the grain market and its regulation mechanism are proposed.
- Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrayiny [State Statistics Service of Ukraine] (2018). Balans ta spozhyvannya osnovnykh kharchovykh produktiv naselennyam Ukrayiny. Statystychnyy zbirnyk [Balances and consumption of the main food products by the population of Ukraine. Statistical yearbook]. Kyiv.
- Josling, T.E. (1973). Agricultural Protection: Policy and International Trade. FAO, Rome.
- Kozak, O.A., Hryshchenko, O.Y. (2016). Rozvytok zernovoyi haluzi Ukrayiny na suchasnomu etapi [Development of the grain industry of Ukraine at the present stage]. Ekonomika APK, 1, pp. 38–47.
- Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (2018). Retrieved from: http://www.oecd.org/ dataoecd/36/47/1937457.pdf [Accessed 04.03.2019].
- Prokopenko O.M. (2018). Roslynstvo [Ukraine’s crop production]. In: Sil’s’ke hospodarstvo Ukrayiny 2017. Statystychnyy zbirnyk [Agriculture of Ukraine 2017. Statistical yearbook]. Kyiv, pp. 89-130.
- State Statistics Service of Ukraine (2019). Retrieved from: http://ukrstat.gov.ua [Accessed 05.03.2019].
- Tsakok, I. (1990). Agricultural Price Policy: A Practitioner’s Guide to Partial – Equilibrium Analysis. Cornell University Press, New York.
- Ukrainian sea ports authority (2019). Retrieved from: http://www.uspa.gov.ua [Accessed 04.03.2019].
- Webb, A.J., Lopes, M., Penn, R. (1990). Estimates of Producer and Consumer Subsidy Equivalents. Government Intervention in Agriculture.