Koliopoulos, Tilemachos (Collaborator University of West Attica, Department of Public Health & Community Health)
Innovative Airport Designs’ Infrastructures to support an Integrated Sustainable Tourism Policy for Sustainable Development and Public Health Protection
Turystyka i Rozwój Regionalny, 2020, vol., nr 13, s. 43-57
Sustainable tourism ICTs – Technological innovation in airports public health protection sustainable designs in tourism tourism marketing management renewable resources
In this paper are investigated actions for public health protection in airports’ tourism facilities and actions that promote innovation at Airports’ sustainable construction infrastructures to minimize associated pollution threats. An integrated framework is presented based on a comprehensive and analysis of the community airport tourism centers and sustainable design facilities in sustainable construction infrastructures in transportation related to waste management facilities and energy recovery from landfill emissions that are produced at nearby places at airports. Research in Sustainable Airport Designs and Infrastructures is necessary to solve common operating problems, to adapt appropriate useful information technologies, and to introduce innovations into the airport tourism industry. The study reveals sustainability dimensions that are lagging or require much greater attention, such as sustainable designs, environmental management, monitoring, safety and public health protection of tourists at airport facilities. In this study are presented useful solutions for sustainable airport designs that promote sustainability supporting an Integrated Sustainable Tourism Policy for Public Health Protection and Sustainable Development within associated infrastructures and airport facilities. Useful conclusions are made for the airport tourism industry, sustainable infrastructures, environmental technologies, renewable resources, sanitary facilities and associative infrastructures developing innovative near-term solutions to meet demands placed on it.
- Bellos I.: Greece is over-reliant on tourism, ekathimerini, http://www.ekathimerini.com/241056/article/ekathimerini/business/greece-is-over-reliant-on-tourism (access: 30.06.2019).
- Buhalis D.: eAirlines: strategic and tactical use of ICTs in the airline industry, Journal of Information and Management 2004, vol. 41(7), pp. 805–825. Doi: 10.1016/j.im.2003.08.015.
- Dichter A.: How to serve today’s digital traveler, McKinsey & Company Report, New York 2018, https://www.mckinsey.com/industries/travel-transport-and-logistics/our-insights/howto-serve-todays-digital-traveler (access: 10.07.2019).
- Doolin B., Dillon S., Thompson F., Corner J.: Perceived Risk and the Internet Shopping Experience in Online Purchasing Behaviour in New Zealand, 7th annual CollECTer conference on electronic commerce, Melbourne, 1–2 December, 2002.
- Fraport 2019, 14 Greek Regional Airports – A major investment that boosts the Greek economy and acts as a catalyst for the growth of Greek tourism, Fraport publication, Greece.
- Fraport 2017, First Annual Report of Environmental Strategy for Creta Island, Mainland and Ionian Islands, Fraport’s airports module A.
- Fraport 2017, First Annual Report of Environmental Strategy for Aegean Islands, Fraport’s airports module B.
- Fraport 2018, Second Annual Report of Environmental Strategy for Creta Island, Mainland and Ionian Islands, Fraport’s airports module A.
- Fraport 2018, Second Annual Report of Environmental Strategy for Aegean Islands, Fraport’s airports module B.
- Fraport 2019, Third Annual Report of Environmental Strategy for Creta Island, Mainland and Ionian Islands, Fraport’s airports module A.
- Fraport 2019,Third Annual Report of Environmental Strategy for Aegean Islands, Fraport’s airports module B.
- FG Traffic Data Management in Greece, Traffic statistics, 2018.
- FG Traffic Data Management in Greece, Traffic statistics, 2017.
- Flisi M.: Smart handheld devices: The emergence of convergence, Mobile Trends, April 2, 2001.
- Greenspan Risk and Uncertainty in Monetary Policy, American Economic Reviews 2004, no 94, pp. 33–40.
- GTP: Thessaloniki Airport Shortlisted for World Routes Marketing Award, GTP electronic web news, 2019, https://news.gtp.gr/2019/08/13/thessaloniki-airport-shortlisted-world-routes-marketing-award/ (access: 13.08.2019).
- Janić M.: Greening Airports: Advanced Technology and Operations, Springer-Verlag, London 2011.
- Katsoni V.: The Strategic Role of Virtual Communities and Social Network Sites on Tourism Destination Marketing, e-Journal of Science & Technology 2014, vol. 9(5), pp. 107–117.
- Katsoni V.: ICT applications in the hotel industry through an e-CRM systems theory approach, Academica turistica (Spletna izd.) 2015, vol. 8, no 1, pp. 15–23 https://www.dlib.si/details/URN:NBN:SI:doc-VES5GDHR (access: 10.07.2019).
- Katsoni V.: The effects of ICTs on tourism distribution channels and DMOs marketing strategies, [in:] New media, entrepreneurship and sustainable tourism development, Z. Andreopoulou, N. Leandros, G. Quaranta& R. Salvia (Eds), Francoangeli, Mediolan, 2017, pp. 58–66
- Koliopoulos T., Katsoni V.: The Innovative Health Tourism’s Environmental Management Sustainable Design Facilities Assessment Capability, [in:] Smart Tourism as a Driver for Culture and Sustainability.
- Fifth International Conference IACuDiT, V. Katsoni, M. Segarra-Oña (Eds), Springer, Athens 2018, pp. 79–87, Doi: 10.1007/978-3-030-03910-3_6.
- Koliopoulos T., Katsoni V., Radu C.: Information Tools for Health Tourism’s Sustainability and Safe Mobility, Journal of Emerging Environmental Technologies and Health Protection 2018, vol. 1, pp. 138–146.
- Koliopoulos T., Sulphate concentrations at mid auchencarroch experimental site – Image processing and environmental quality assurance of leachate pond treatment units on displaced geological surfaces, International Journal of ChemTech Research 2009, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 126–134.
- Koliopoulos T., Kouoroulout M.: Biodegradation of iso-valeric acid in relation to other chemical indexes and spatial liner risk assessment at landfill topographies – mid auchencarroch experimental site, Asian Journal of Chemistry 2009, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 2989–3000.
- Koliopoulos T., Koliopoulou G.: Efficient numerical solution schemes combined with spatial analysis simulation models – Diffusion and heat transfer problem, AIP Conference Proceedings of 33rd International Conference on Applications of Mathematics in Engineering and Economics. American Institute of Physics, Maryland 2007. Doi: 10.1063/1.2806052EID: 2-s2.0-36849042987
- Koliopoulos T., Kollias V., Kollias P., Koliopoulou G., Kollias S.: Evaluation of geotechnical parameters for effective landfill design and risk assessment Geotechnical and Environmental Aspects of Waste Disposal Sites, Proceedings of Green4 International Symposium on Geotechnics Related to the Environment, conference-paper. Taylor & Francis, Abingdon 2007, pp. 49–57.
- Leung R., Law R.: Evaluation of Hotel Information Technologies and EDI Adoption: The Perspective of Hotel IT Managers in Hong Kong Cornell Hospitality Quarterly 2013, vol. 54, issue 1. Doi:10.11 77/1938965512454594
- Milović B.: Social Media and eCRM as a Prerequisite for Hotel Success, Management Information Systems 2012, vol. 7, no 3, pp. 26–31.
- Morosan C.: Toward an integrated model of adoption of mobile phones for purchasing ancillary services in air travel, International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management 2014, vol. 27, no 2, pp. 246–271.