Variakojiene, Jolita (Vilniaus Kolegija, University of Applied Sciences)
Zirnele,, Lina (Vilniaus Kolegija, University of Applied Sciences)
Theoretical and practical assumptions of the business travel organization. Lithuanian case
Turystyka i Rozwój Regionalny, 2020, vol., nr 13, s. 59-66
The aim of this article is to analyse the theoretical and practical assumptions of the business travel organization. Development of the business tourism and growth of the business trips was mainly influenced by the development of the international business. Nowadays business tourism is in a great request, business travellers book a lot of tourism services, for instance: accommodation, transportation, insurance and other services. Different companies have different approach and capabilities towards organization of the business trips: organizing through tour operators, self-organizing by the employees, organizing by the tourism professionals employed in the company. The article reviews the tendencies and represents the Lithuanian case of the business travel organization.
- Buhalis D., Costa C.: Tourism business frontiers: Consumers, products and industry, Elsevier, Oxford 2005.
- Classification of Economic Activities of Republic of Lithuania, https://osp.stat.gov.lt/600 (access: 05.04.2020).
- Inkson C., Minnaert L.: Tourism management, second edition, Sage Publications Ltd, London 2018.
- Kumar J., Hussain K.: Estimating the Economic Impact of Business Tourism: A Review of Issues and Methods, Researchgate, [in:] 12th APacCHRIE Conference 2014, https://www.res earchgate.
- net/publication/273317642_Estimating_the_Economic_Impact_of_Business_Tourism_A_Review_of_Issues_and_Methods (access: 28.03.2020).
- Lithuanian Tourism Law, 2018, https://e-seimas.lrs.lt/portal/legalAct/lt/TAD/3c3504d2804011e89188e16a6495e98c (access: 30.03.2020)
- Swarbrooke J., Horner S.: Business Travel and Tourism, Butterworth-Heinemann, Oxford, 2001.
- UN: International Recommendations for Tourism Statistics 2008, New York 2010.
- UNWTO: Report on the Meetings Industry, 2014, https://www.themeetingsindustry.org/storage/industry_news/14.3_UNWTO_Global+Report+on+Mtgs+Industry (access: 05.04.2020).