Kozhukhіvska, Raisa (Uman National University of Horticulture)
Rybchak, Vitalii; ORCID: 0000-0002-9362-9486 (Uman National University of Horticulture)
Using of modern information and communication technologiesin the tourism
Turystyka i Rozwój Regionalny, 2019, vol., nr 11, s. 97-106
The importance of modern information and communication technologies in the economic and social life has steadily increased. The Internet creates new opportunities to provide services and meet needs. Tourism enterprises are interested in making a big profit from their sales and want the customers to give their preferences to them. The article deals with the peculiarities of Internet use by the tourism services consumers. Determined that the compared to traditional advertising technologies, Internet makes it possible to provide a dialogue with the consumer, to establish feedback and, in terms of investment, it is much cheape. The data representing the social characteristics of the sphere of Ukrainian Internet consumers are generalized. The main reasons and motives for making online purchases by tourism services consumers are indicated. The barriers that hinder the further development of Internet commerce and the promotion of online tourism services have been identified. Quantitative and qualitative research on the use of tourism Internet services in Ukraine has been carried out.
- Analytics and statistics in tourist 2019, The Ministry of Economy, Trade and Agriculture of Ukraine, http://www.me.gov.ua/Documents/List?lang=uk-UA&id=be44a1a7-69b3-4a77-a86a-447499abcdd6&tag=Analitika&isSpecial=true (access: 30.09. 2019).
- Baller S., Dutta S., Lanvin B.: The Global Information Technology Report 2016, Innovating in the Digital Economy. World Economic Forum, Geneva 2016.
- Baller S., Dutta S., Lanvin B.: The Global Information Technology Report 2016, Innovating in the Digital Economy 2016, http://www3.weforum.org/docs/GITR2016/WEF_GITR_Full_Report.pdf (access: 29.09. 2019).
- Bilgihan A., Nejad M.. Innovation in hospitality and tourism industries, Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Technology 2015, vol. 6, no. 3, pр. 167–171.
- Carlborg P., Kindström D., Kowalkowski C.: The evolution of service innovation research: a critical review and synthesis, The Service Industries Journal 2014, vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 373–398.
- Castells M.: The Internet Galaxy: Reflections on the Internet, Business, and Society, Oxford University Press, New York, 2001
- Gremyr I., Witell L., Löfberg N., Edvardsson B., Fundin A.: Understanding new service development and service innovation through innovation modes, Journal of Business & Industrial Marketing 2014, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 123–131.
- Huang Z., Benyoucef M.: From e-commerce to social commerce: a close look at design features, Electronic Commerce Research and Applications 2013, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 246–259.
- Internet audience research 2019. Internet Association of Ukraine, https://inau.ua/proekty/doslidzhennya-internet-audytoriyi (access: 29.09. 2019).
- Nikulin D.Yu., Krasnov S.V.: Intelligent technology in tourism, Bulletin of the Volga University named after V.N. Tatishchev 2017, vol. 4, no. 22, р. 45–50.
- Sustainable Development of Tourism Conceptual Definition UNWTO 2019, http://unwto.org (access: 29.09. 2019).
- Wang Q., Voss C., Zhao X., Wang Z.: Modes of service innovation: a typology, Industrial Management & Data Systems 2015, vol. 115, no. 7, pp. 1358–1382.
- Zhuraeva K.A.: Innovative technologies in tourism, Geography and Tourism 2011, vol. 14, pр. 224–230.